Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gone Because of Laptop Issues

Hello, I haven't posted in a while because of laptop issues.

My Gateway laptop less than 1 1/2 years old had been acting up, shutting off for no reason, the 2nd battery died. the cursor not typing sometimes, etc.  I took it in to be looked at and found out that the mother board was going out.  The cost to replace that was around the same as buying a new computer.  So it was urgent that I hurry and buy a new computer before mine died completely.  Luckily I had been backing stuff up to an external hard drive, but still not every single bit.  So we went to Best Buy and bought a Dell Inspirion 17.3 inch right off the shelf along with the 2yr. warranty and Geek Squad Assistance so I would be covered if something happened to this one.  They only had black; so I went with it and decided to get a skin for this one from http://www.skinit.com/. I designed my own skin that is so cute, and it should arrive in the next week or two. I'm very excited about it and will share when it is here.


So here they are side by side.  I'm very happy to get a larger screen and to have the newest operating systems and such. So all week I've been working on transfering and setting up the new laptop.

Since I had time on my hands while the Gateway laptop was in the shop I reorganized my scrapbook closet as well as other closets and drawers throughout the house and am happy with the results.
It brings me joy to see all or almost all my albums in one location. I've been traditionally scrapbooking the safe way since 1998 and have acquired quite a library of over 50 completed albums.  I think part of the reason I wanted to get into digital is that traditional albums with all the layers of papers and embellishments just take up too much space especially when I think ahead about how many albums I will have in the future.  Digital albums take up a fraction of the space of a traditional album not to mention the space the oodles of supplies take up.  Now, I do still purchase a tiny bit of traditional supplies if I am in love with and can't get it digitally. I do like a project, class or tree of life project every now and then. But the bulk of my pages are now only digital.

Here's the other part of my scrap closet that was not in view in the other photo.

1 comment:

  1. Kristal / gr8lsufan@bellsouth.netAugust 7, 2010 at 11:35 AM

    I had to giggle when I saw your closet ... I thought all your stuff was in your nice neat room, now I know! Hope things are going well, besides the computer issues. I know you love it there in Orlando, I'm sure I would too, especially with all there is to do. When does school start there?

    ReplyDelete